Tuesday 20 December 2011

whistling my name

HI EVEEEERY BODY!


I'm afraid it's one of those highly original music video blog posts again in which I throw a ton of music at a make believe audience and hope it sticks.  Like velcro.

First up is Lana Del Rey with Video Games.  She's been described as looking like a cross between Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman.  Can you see it?? She has that ruggedy voice that soon spirals into a sex kitten kinda tone that I would cut my imaginary balls off to own. 







Now for a little bit of domestic heaven/hell with CocoRosie's 'By your side'.  Seems to be an ode to being a hausen frausen at first till the line 'I'll wear your black eyes'. Wah? Shit. I just thought you wanted to iron clothes. I like the kooky, gospel-ish voice playing alongside.  No idea if it's Bianca or Sierra but it's so cool.  Listen and spread like a virus. 


Something with a bit of bounce but again, very, very cool.  Saadi- Pollen Seeking Bees. I love this song.  No idea what the video is about but this is the only version of it that I could find on ootube.  The entirity of this song is somewhere floating around on the t'internet. It's worth it.  I want her album.





And finally, a great song to end this blogosphere mini mix tape.  Ultra Orange Emmanuelle's perfect 'Don't Kiss me Goodbye'. It being sung in a French accent just adds to the appeal.  Totally pinched from the soundtrack of 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly'. Swipe. 



FINIS bruva. 

No comments:

Post a Comment