Wednesday 16 November 2011

quite interesting and given the thumbs up by stephen fry

Not really.  But I bet he does. Religiously.  Before supper.

It took me a while to realise that the only videos on youtube didn't just consist of cats chasing their own tail or Hitler bemoaning the death of Michael Jackson.  Thought I'd share three favourites.

This video made me want to grab a camera, head to London and have it out with a member of the Queen's Guards.  Go on, I bet it makes you want to too.  It is an interesting though.  I agree that people should have the right to film or photograph in a public place but then people also have the right to privacy and not to be filmed/photographed.  After a typically surreal experience in Chatham's Pentagon Shopping Centre I can attest that it's quite scary being followed by a pretentious yet sinister stranger armed with a camera. Security finally approached.  Apparently his photography project involved re-enacting a (and I kid you not) *stalker -like* situation.  Wanker art student.  Any other opinions
on this video or creepy 'artistic' tits?

Here's a look at the phenomenon known as The Bystander Effect.  For those who don't know what it is, the video explains it much better than I do.. but it suggests that it would be far more dangerous for you to be genuinely unwell on a busy street than it would if you were in a less busy area because of the unconscious pressure to conform from the strangers around you.  There is one particular moment in the video when a woman clearly concerned about a man in the street only approaches after another man checks out the situation. I think this example in particular is more to do with self-preservation and it being a potentially threatening situation than the invisible wall of pressure being broken.  I know that if I were in that situation than I would have probably shown the same caution.  What does anyone else think?

And finally.  Proving why bullshit is bullshit.  I wish my lecturers were as cool as he is and had a beard.  FYI. I'm a Capricorn and I trust people way too easily as well as wearing my heart on my sleeve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment